NOTICE TO PROSPECTIVE TENANTS
Thank you for choosing Whidbey Residential Rentals, Inc. for your housing needs. We have found there is a lot of confusion over the application process and we hope this list of minimum requirements will clear up the majority of your questions. This will not of course answer all of your questions, therefore feel free to ask about anything that you are not clear on before you sign your new lease. This office has adopted the following policies; All Adults over the age of 18 must be screened and approved prior to occupancy. Once your application is approved, our office policy requires you to commence paying the rent and/or take possession of the residence within 5 days.
At the time you submit your application, you are required to pay a Screening Fee of $42.00 (plus $3 credit card processing fee) and payable to Orca Information, Inc. unless paid with Cashier’s Check or Money Order and payable to Whidbey Residential Rentals, Inc. or WRRI. Additionally, at the time you submit the application, our company requires a HOLDING DEPOSIT $500. The holding deposit is then credited towards the Security Deposit upon approval. Payment is to be made via Cashier’s Check or Money Order and made payable to: Whidbey Residential Rentals, Inc. (WRRI). Applications are reviewed on a first come, first served basis. This means the application must be complete and the Holding Deposit must be submitted. If not, we will accept the first applicant to complete these tasks.
Your proposed rent must be less than 42% of you gross monthly income minus any Long term Debts, i.e. credit cards, car payments and any other loans.
Example: Income $ 2000
Long term Debt – $ 200
Max. Rent Amount $ 756
Whidbey Residential Rentals, Inc. is required to dispose of all tenant credit reports not longer than 30 day’s from application date. All tenant background screenings will be kept on file for a maximum of 7 years and cannot be duplicated, copied, or released to anyone. Additionally, ANY and ALL Tenants with a credit score of 600 or below will be required to pay an increased Security/Damage Deposit at the time of lease signing. If you have any questions, please ask.
Whidbey Residential Rentals, Inc.
285 N.E Midway Blvd #2
Oak Harbor, WA 98277
(360) 675-9596 FAX: (360) 679-5008
MOVE IN’S AND VACATES WILL BE DONE MONDAY – FRIDAY FROM 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM. ANYONE WISHING AN APPOINTMENT AFTER THESE HOURS WILL PAY $50.00 PER HOUR WITH A TWO-HOUR MINIMUM CHARGE.
RESIDENT ACCEPTANCE POLICY SCORING:
Each applicant’s screening report shall be reviewed for two types of adverse information; NEGATIVES and TERMINALS.
NEGATIVES: The following items shall be considered negative items. If THREE or more NEGATIVE items are found in a report, with no extenuating circumstances, the applicant will be denied.
__________Any two credit accounts that have been rated R2 (30-59 days late) in the last three years.
__________Any credit account that has been rated R3 (60-89 days late) in the last three years.
__________Any credit account that has been rated R4 (90-119 days late) in the last three years.
__________Any credit account that has been rated R5 (120+ days late) in the last three years.
__________Any credit account which is rated as having gone to collection.
__________Any charge off, judgment, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, vehicle repossession, or lien.
__________Any landlord reference that includes two late rent payments.
__________Any instance of a Security, Cleaning and Damage Deposit which was not returned.
__________Any instance of improper or lack or Intent to Vacate notice.
__________Any instance of a lease being broken by the applicant.
__________Any employment situation which is temporary in nature.
__________Any bank reference which shows more than one NSF check.
TERMINALS: The following items shall be considered terminal, and shall be sufficient to decline the application.
__________Any OPEN bankruptcy (a bankruptcy to which new claims can still be added) or a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy within the last seven years.
__________Any collection filed by a property management company or a negative rental reference by a Landlord.
__________Any eviction or Unlawful Detainer action.
__________Any current 3-Day or 10 Day Notice.
__________Any income level (or combined income level in the case of married applicants) that does not met our 42% requirement.
__________Any conviction for the selling of drugs or possession of drugs with intent to sell within the last seven years.
__________Any history of disruptive behavior.
__________Any history of living or housekeeping habits that would pose a direct threat to the health and safety of other individuals.
__________Any gross distortion of the truth by the applicant on the written application.
__________Any conviction for criminal activity by any household member within the last seven (7) years.
__________Any household member that is a registered or unregistered sex offender.
__________A total of $1,000 or more in unpaid collection in the last seven (7) years excluding medical.
__________Two (2) or more charges of Domestic Violence (defendant in criminal cases) or charges that are Domestic Violence related, AND/OR two (2) or more petitions filed against you for Orders of Protection (respondent in civil cases).
Applications are processed by a professional tenant screening company: Orca Information, Inc.
**Cashiers Check or Money order is required for Move-in Funds**
For more information about monthly online payments please visit Online Tenant Portal.
1. Positive picture ID is required.
2. Each applicant must qualify individually unless they are a married couple.
3. Application must be completely filled out and signed failure to do so will result in delay of the processing.
4. Applicant(s) has 3 days, after application has been submitted, to provide WRRI with all required supporting documents (paystubs, photo ID, Social Security Card, proof of assistance, etc.) Failure to do so could result in the delay of processing or even the denial of your application.
5. Application Fees must be paid before processing the rental application; CASHIER CHECKS ARE MADE PAYABLE TO Whidbey Residential Rentals (WRRI).
6. Applicant acknowledges and accepts that Whidbey Residential Rentals, INC. represents the owner of the property for which applicant is applying.
1. Two years of verifiable residence history from a third-party landlord required.
2. Rental history demonstrating residency, but not by a third party, will require an additional security deposit equal to half months rent, or a CO-signer residing in Washington State.
3. Home ownership will be verified though tax assessors’ office or credit report.
4. Four (4) or more three-day notices within 12 months period will result in denial.
5. Two (2) or more NSF checks within 12 month period will results in denial.
6. Rental history reflecting any unpaid past due rent will result in denial.
7. Rental history showing $50.00 but less than $75.00 damage will require an additional security deposit equal to one month’s rent, only if the amount has been paid in full.
8. Rental history reflecting more than $75.00 damage will result in denial.
9. Rental history with disturbance complaints will be denied if the previous owner/manager would not re-rent. Added security is needed for all instances of unauthorized person or pets in a unit rented by the applicant.
1. Your proposed rent must be less than 42% of your gross monthly income minus any long-term debts (credit cards, car payments and any other loans).
2. A current paycheck stub or LES will be required if we are unable to verify income.
3. Some form of verifiable income will be required for unemployed applicants.
4. Self-employed applicants will require proof of income from 2 years tax returns.
1. Verifiable employment is required.
2. If unemployed and unable to verify the income necessary to pay rent, applicant will be denied.
3. Self-employed individuals must be verified through tax returns or bank statements.
4. If employment does not meet the stated criteria and the applicant is accepted, an additional security deposit will be required.
1. Good credit is required.
2. Applicant must exceed scoring criteria of 600.
3. Outstanding bad debts being reported on credit report which is more than $100 but less than $1000 will require an additional security deposit equal to half (1/2) of one months’ rent.
4. Outstanding bad debts being reported on credit report which is more than $1000 will result in denial.
1. Any collection filed by a property management company will result in denial, unless paid, which will result in one month’s rent as added security deposit.
2. Any unlawful detainer action or eviction.
3. Any current 3-day notice to vacate.
4. Any felony offense which has taken place within the last seven (7) years.
5. If there is a criminal conviction and the applicant has been out of jail/prison less than five (5)years they will be denied.*
6. If the criminal offense was of a physical or violent nature against either person or property, the applicant will be denied.*
7. If the criminal offense took place more than seven (7) years ago, or if the person has been out of jail/prison more the five (5) years and has a credit score of above 600 and positive rental history they may be approved. (They may only be approved if this was a onetime offense and was not of a physical or violent nature. Multiple offenders will be denied regardless of what the credit and rental history shows).
This link will take you to a separate browser window that will allow you to submit your application. Please have a credit or debit card available to complete payment. Thanks.